The Art of Recovery
Once again, as part of National Treatment Court Month, we will host an art contest for treatment court participants and alumni! Art is a powerful tool for conveying the emotions and ideas related to recovery that may be difficult to verbalize. Submissions will be displayed in a special gallery at RISE23 in Houston, Texas and online at AllRise.org.
Stay tuned for the 2023 submission form!
- Entries may only be submitted by using the online submission form below. The submission deadline is May 31, 2023.
- Entries must fall into one of the following categories: photography, poetry, or painting/drawing.
- Limit one entry per artist per category (up to three total per artist).
- RISE23 attendees will vote on the entries, and first, second, and third prizes will be awarded for each category.
- Mailed entries are discouraged. If you need a special exception, click here to contact us.
Below are the winning submissions from 2022, followed by a selection of all submissions.
2022 Photography Winners
Serenity Boat Sunset
2022 Drawing/Painting Winners
Ride it Out
Out of my Shell
2022 Poetry Winners
My Unconquerable Soul
2022 Juvenile Winners
Everything Will Be OK