DWI Court Leadership Award
NADCP and the National Center for DWI Courts (NCDC) is accepting applications for the annual National DWI Court Leadership Award. This award shines a spotlight of commendation on an individual and/or organization that, through their tireless efforts, saved countless lives and made communities a safer place. The nominee must meet the eligibility requirements listed below. The qualifications of the nominee must be outlined in three letters of nomination from three different DWI court professionals.
Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines
The nomination must meet the following four criteria to be considered:
- The person and/or organization contributed to the advancement of the nation’s DWI court effort, and demonstrated significant leadership and exemplary performance through both specific results and public recognition at the local, regional, state, or national level.
- The person is living and has not previously won the award.
- The person and/or organization must be named in a letter of nomination from three separate DWI court practitioners, articulating how the nominee meets the foregoing criteria.
- The person nominated and the nominating individuals must be current members of NADCP.
- The three individuals submitting letters should be well acquainted with the person being nominated for the award. They should be able to articulate in writing why the nominee deserves the award. They should also be ready to discuss their nominee with the Director of the National Center for DWI Courts.
Submission and Deadline
Nominations must be submitted to the division director of the National Center for DWI Courts no later than March 20, 2020. The winner will be announced during the closing ceremony at RISE20, the annual training conference of NADCP, May 27-30 in Anaheim, California.